Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7: Create a Blog Post About Anything Technology-Related

Wow. Soooooooooooooo much I could say here... but I think I'll go with my love for the Nintendo Wii :). Some of you may have seen these set up in local shopping malls (and the commercials- "Wii would like to play" - are all over TV), but basically it's the newest version of Nintendo; it's main distinguishing feature being the "wii-mote" control.

We got the Wii for my birthday this year (despite being a "girl," I have always loved Nintendo, and have owned every Nintendo system from the NES on) and I immediately fell in love with it. It comes with only one game, "Wii Sports," but that was all I needed for a good long time. The wii-mote works with a sensor to communicate your movements: you swing the wii-mote like a baseball bat while you're playing "baseball," you jab and uppercut to beat your opponent in "boxing," etc. It's fabulous! Wii Tennis is my personal favorite-- I played it so much on the first day that my legs and arms were sore!

Long-time Nintendo fans can purchase games dating from the originial NES library through the Wii. I've already gotten "Super Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong," and it's like reliving childhood :). Another popular (and highly commercialized) feature is the ability to create an avatar (or many) called a "Mii." After creating Miis for ourselves, my husband and I moved on to Jon Stewart, Oprah, Dr. Phil, Howard Stern, Kim Jong Il, and a host of others.

As far as I'm concerned, the Wii is the best video game system on the market right now (and I also happen to own the Xbox 360, so I do have a basis of comparison). I highly recommend it :).

No comments: